About Me

My photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cornell University College of Human Ecology, Class of 2010

2.10.2010

10.20.2009

Responsibilities do not decrease by day, rather, they gain in number each minute.

Currently... here is my medical action:

Celexa, K-lyte potassium supplements, zinc gluconate, phosphates solution, Motilium (domperidone), Centrum multivitamins, and the list will surely grow.

I have depleted my body of so much necessities that I need to take them in liquid and pill form to bring my body to normal functioning condition again. This acute stage of my recovery is very tiring.

In addition, I have been ordered to receive Magnesium infusions at the hospital. Each infusion takes at least 5 hours and the infusions are done intravenously. Does this sound fun? I will be a part-time hospital inpatient during this process.

Already, I can picture my recovery process occurring in an inpatient facility, but I have not yet been formally asked to do this. At the age of 21, I need to give my own consent to admit to this type of care. All of these tests and check-ups, however, must be administered every day. Doctors and nurses overlooking every change in my body. Always taking notes, always gathering information, always keeping watch... I really pushed myself too far.

Maintaining a careful watch on my condition is a non-stop job. Not just for my support staff, but more importantly, for me. I am nervous of how I will continue catering to my needs and body when I return to full-tine school and learn to live on my own again. The idea is incredibly refreshing and unbearably scary at the same time. What can I do now at home to increase the frust and faith of my family, friends, and physicians? I just need to keep improving.


I want to rediscover the comfort of living a comfortable life. Snacking, studying, resting, laughing, socializing... it should all come naturally as it once did. As natural as breathing. Somehow along the way, I took a deep fall and forgot the basics of healthy living. I was the most health-conscious person in the world, then flipped 180 degrees into someone deceitful, depressed, and unhealthy.

I just need to regain focus and re-learn, of course, then again, I am a fast learner and I can do this. I will.

I feel stable, strong, and confident, but how can I now thank my mom for staying by my side through all of this? She deserves to know how much I appreciate her love and time. I am wearing her out, but she keeps pushing through for me. Maybe I am not strong enough yet to admit my feelings towards another person, including my own mother. I have always found it difficult to relay my emotions and feelings to other human beings. There has always been a wall. Am I weak for only being able to speak my heart out in my mind? No. It is not a weakness nor is it a flaw. It is just a human skill that I have not quite mastered yet. But only time limits me and I will learn to do this.

I'm trying too hard to defeat myself at a competition where scores don't exist. I need to call a truce with myself and my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment